Wednesday 16 April 2014

From the preliminary tasks I had learnt how to create footage that flowed smoothly and matched between shots. We looked at how match on action is made and how to shoot a scene, for example the 180 degree rule. Although I didn't use this rule in my final piece, it was helpful to know when giving feedback to other media students.
Another thing I have learnt and improved on is the composition and lighting in shots. For example, at the start of the preliminary tasks my shooting would be dark and the composition not well thought about which lead to noticeable differences in each shot. For the final task I focused a lot on lighting to try and make the right atmosphere and match in each clip.
In the preliminary task we didn't take many shots, we just took a few to make it easier, however I learnt that it wasn't made easier as it was difficult to edit with a small number of shots. In the final project I found it much easier that we had a variety of different shots and angles to choose from when it came to editing as I was able to decide which shot was best for the scene.
Another thing in which I had improved on from the preliminary task is the use of sound. In the continuity task and other preliminary tasks I didn't use any sound effects. The sounds were quite raw as I had only recorded them with the camera I was using. For the final cut I made a set of music on Garage Band to place over the top of the sounds in the film as they were also quite raw. I also used sound effects such as the door creaking to place over the top of the music to emphasise the action.

0 comments :